- Most Americans Put Blame On Republicans And Trump If Government Shuts Down
- Trump Lawyer Used Fake Company, Names to Pay Stormy Daniels
- Graham: ‘I Know What Was Said’
- Celebrities Blame Trump For Hawaii Missile Scare
- Trump’s First Year As President Resulted In Less Jobs Created Than Obama’s Last Year
- Trump Campaign Aide Spoke Of Possible Russia Collusion During Drunken Conversation
- Trump Lawyers Will Cast Flynn as a Liar
- Sanders: Republicans Should Be Worried About 2018
- Mueller Expanding Probe to RNC
- Obama, Clinton Top List As Most Admired Man, Woman
Money Talks; Republicans Walk
NBC News reports today that Donald Trump has become the most successful Democratic fundraiser in the nation. It appears that House Democrats have raised more money so far this year than they did during all of 2015, the most recent off-year before an election year. We have President Trump to thank for this astounding turn of events.
What? You don’t say! Donald Trump, a Democratic fundraiser?
Perhaps not intentional on his part, but he’s finally succeeding at something other than tweeting in the middle of the night and firing his closest aides.
Says NBC News:
“The unusual fundraising haul is the latest sign that President Donald Trump is motivating Democrats in extraordinary ways as the party looks to win back the 24 seats it needs to retake the House of Representatives in next year’s midterm elections and put Rep. Nancy Pelosi back in the Speaker’s chair.”
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (the “DCCC”) has already raised more than $20 million this year from contributions paid online, contributions which average only $18. That means these are not corporate donations or donations from the mega-wealthy, but from individual donors like you and me.
DCCC Spokesman Tyler Law states in response to inquiries about this success:
“The DCCC is actively building the largest battleground in a decade, and that’s a testament to the grassroots energy that we’re witnessing every day, in every corner of America. Our record smashing grassroots, online fundraising haul is further evidence that House Democrats are on offense while Republicans are in a full meltdown.”
According to a report from the National Journal, during the same period, the Republicans have raised just $1.7 million, one-tenth the amount of the DCCC.
Thank you, President Trump. We may not like that you are in office; in fact, we are scared to death. You may not even last four years in office, and for that, we cheer. But, we thank you for all the fundraising you are conducting on our behalf. Certainly, it will be money well-spent.
Do you want to help? Check out the DCCC page for yourself here.