- FBI Director Defends Agency Against Trump Criticism
- Rushed GOP Tax Bill Has Big Problems
- Grassley: Poor Waste Money On ‘Booze Or Women’
- Trump May Have Implicated Himself In Tweet About Flynn
- Kushner Implicated in Flynn Guilty Plea
- Michael Flynn Pleads Guilty, Will Cooperate With Investigation
- Tax Cut Bill Won’t Flow Funds Into Job Creation And Higher Wages, CEOs Say
- Congress’s Failure To Fund CHIP Endangers Kids
- Trump Team Purges Online Climate Change Info
- National Security Advisor Slams Trump As An “Idiot”
Republicans on the Run – Jason Chaffetz First to Go
Republicans cannot run fast enough to distance themselves from the disastrous presidency of Donald Trump.
Representative Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), Chairman of the powerful House Oversight Committee, announced in April he will not be seeking reelection in 2018. He did not give any specific reason for his decision.
Not only will the popular Republican not seek reelection, now he has announced he will not even finish the term he was elected to serve.
Utah’s Deseret News reports that Rep. Analysts expect Chaffetz to announce today he will leave office on June 30, 2017, a mere six months into his current term.
Why is Rep. Chaffetz leaving? Why would a popular, powerful Republican leave office unexpectedly when Republicans are in full control of the government?
Who knows, especially when there do not appear to be any skeletons in his closet.
Could it be that even Republicans can no longer stomach working with Donald Trump? Such seems to be the case. The Hill reported yesterday that GOP strategist Rick Tyler summed up the sentiment among conservatives in one word: “Fatigue.”
From Donald Trump to Steve Bannon to Michael Flynn to James Comey to Russian spies to leaked national security secrets to healthcare to endless tweets to lawsuits. The list goes on and on and that is why fatigue is so prevalent in Washington.
Have you read that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus is shutting its doors? Well, it seems they cannot compete with the circus we see in the White House on a daily basis. The circus run by clowns and elephants, who spend their days “lion” to us and laying “bear” our national secrets.
Enough is enough! Have you experienced this fatigue yet? Are you ready to run and hide like Rep. Chaffetz?
Or will you stand up and continue to speak out against the circus that has infected our nation’s capital?