- Most Americans Put Blame On Republicans And Trump If Government Shuts Down
- Trump Lawyer Used Fake Company, Names to Pay Stormy Daniels
- Graham: ‘I Know What Was Said’
- Celebrities Blame Trump For Hawaii Missile Scare
- Trump’s First Year As President Resulted In Less Jobs Created Than Obama’s Last Year
- Trump Campaign Aide Spoke Of Possible Russia Collusion During Drunken Conversation
- Trump Lawyers Will Cast Flynn as a Liar
- Sanders: Republicans Should Be Worried About 2018
- Mueller Expanding Probe to RNC
- Obama, Clinton Top List As Most Admired Man, Woman
Trump Defends His ‘Many Sides’ Remarks — Again!
Just when you think Donald Trump might be learning to get out of his own way, he goes on a lengthy diatribe in which he continued to assert that there is some sort of equivalence between white supremacists and those who oppose them.
When asked about his recent meeting with Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) in a question that had absolutely nothing to do with Charlottesville the President just couldn’t help himself.
“We had a great meeting. Tim Scott’s been a friend of mine for a long time. I’ve been a supporter of his — I was one of his earliest supporters. We had a great talk yesterday. I think especially in light of the advent of Antifa, if you look at what’s going on there. You have some pretty bad dudes on the other side also, and essentially that’s what I said,” said Trump.
He went on:
Now, because of what’s happened since then with Antifa — you look at really what’s happened since Charlottesville, a lot of people are saying and people have actually written, ‘Gee, Trump might have a point.’ I said, ‘You’ve got some very bad people on the other side also,’ which is true. But we had a great conversation. And he also has legislation, which I actually like very much, the concept of which I support, to get people going into certain areas and building and constructing and putting people to work. I told him yesterday that’s a concept I can support very easily.
The President has been getting the best press of his administration over the last two weeks, but gems like this are going to suck the air out of that balloon very quickly. It should go without explaining that white supremacists and those who oppose them are not even in the same ballpark, but the President just can’t seem to let this one go.