- FBI Director Defends Agency Against Trump Criticism
- Rushed GOP Tax Bill Has Big Problems
- Grassley: Poor Waste Money On ‘Booze Or Women’
- Trump May Have Implicated Himself In Tweet About Flynn
- Kushner Implicated in Flynn Guilty Plea
- Michael Flynn Pleads Guilty, Will Cooperate With Investigation
- Tax Cut Bill Won’t Flow Funds Into Job Creation And Higher Wages, CEOs Say
- Congress’s Failure To Fund CHIP Endangers Kids
- Trump Team Purges Online Climate Change Info
- National Security Advisor Slams Trump As An “Idiot”
HHS Secretary Tom Price Resigns Amid Controversy
After getting caught using taxpayer-dollars to charter lavish private jets for his government travels, Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price announced he was resigning from the Trump administration.
The trips cost taxpayers over $400,000, and took Price on at least 26 different trips across the world, including to Europe and Africa, Politico reported. Earlier this week, Price had promised to pay back his expenses for the trips, although many criticized him for only paying for his portion of the bill, amounting to just over $50,000 of the total costs.
President Donald Trump was reportedly upset with the revelation of the travels, expressing he “was not happy” with hearing that Price used taxpayer funds to charter private flights.
Price is the latest in a long line of Trump administration officials to have been fired or resign from office — and we’re still only 252 days into the first term.
This story is developing.