- National Security Advisor Slams Trump As An “Idiot”
- Republican Who Lost To Transgender Candidate Pens Op-Ed Full Of Lies
- Franken Accuser Tweeden: ‘I’m Not Calling For Him To Step Down’
- Elderly Alabama Natives Say Preying On Young Girls Was Common
- More Than 400 Rich People Ask Congress To Raise Their Taxes
- Woman Who Gave Trump The Finger Gets A Helping Hand
- Elizabeth Warren To Betsy DeVos: Cancel Student Debt For Defrauded Students
- Roy Moore Threatens to Sue Washington Post
- Trump Is Being ‘Manipulated’ By Putin, Former Intelligence Officials Allege
- Corker to Hold Hearing on Trump’s Nuclear Authority
Hillary Clinton Calls Julian Assange a Tool of Russia
According to Hillary Clinton, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is being used by Russia.
On Monday, the 2016 Democratic candidate for U.S. President told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that Assange’s release of hacked emails — which greatly hurt her campaign — was by Putin’s design.
Clinton said that Assange has “become a kind of nihilistic opportunist who does the bidding of a dictator.”
Questioning Assange’s motivations, Clinton charged, “He’s a tool of Russian intelligence, and if he’s such a … martyr of free speech, why doesn’t WikiLeaks ever publish anything coming out of Russia?”
The former First Lady’s main complaint with Assange stems from WikiLeaks electing to publish politically damaging emails from the Democratic National Committee at a crucial moment during her campaign.
During the interview, journalist Sarah Ferguson suggested that Assange was simply performing a journalist’s role by publishing the information he received.
“There was a concerted operation between WikiLeaks and Russia and most likely people in the United States to, as I say, weaponize that information, to make up stories, outlandish, often terrible stories that had no basis in fact, no basis even in the emails themselves, but which were used to denigrate me, my campaign, people who supported me, and to help Trump,” she said. “WikiLeaks is unfortunately now practically a fully owned subsidiary of Russian intelligence.”
Currently enjoying asylum in Ecuador’s embassy in London, Assange countered Clinton’s charges via Twitter. “WikiLeaks has a pristine record for accuracy,” he wrote. “HRC is not a credible person. The primary cause of her downfall was her own Machiavellian scheme to elevate Mr. Trump.”
WikiLeaks has a pristine record for accuracy. HRC is not a credible person. The primary cause of her downfall was her own Machiavellian scheme to elevate Mr. Trump ("Pied Piper").
— Julian Assange 🔹 (@JulianAssange) October 15, 2017
Assange has been in the embassy since 2012. Initially he sought asylum to avoid extradition to Sweden over an investigation of sexual offense allegations. He now remains in the embassy for fear of extradition to the U. S. on charges over WikiLeaks’ publication of thousands of pages of classified U.S. government documents.