- National Security Advisor Slams Trump As An “Idiot”
- Republican Who Lost To Transgender Candidate Pens Op-Ed Full Of Lies
- Franken Accuser Tweeden: ‘I’m Not Calling For Him To Step Down’
- Elderly Alabama Natives Say Preying On Young Girls Was Common
- More Than 400 Rich People Ask Congress To Raise Their Taxes
- Woman Who Gave Trump The Finger Gets A Helping Hand
- Elizabeth Warren To Betsy DeVos: Cancel Student Debt For Defrauded Students
- Roy Moore Threatens to Sue Washington Post
- Trump Is Being ‘Manipulated’ By Putin, Former Intelligence Officials Allege
- Corker to Hold Hearing on Trump’s Nuclear Authority
Right Wing Radio Host Compares Roy Moore to Jesus Christ
After the Washington Post published the accusations of multiple women that came forth to tell their stories about how Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore sexually preyed upon them when he was a 30-something assistant district attorney, many were shocked to hear the disgraced candidate being defended on Biblical grounds.
Speaking to the Washington Examiner the Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler disparaged the piece as “much ado about nothing,” even if everything Moore was being accused of was the truth.
“The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls,” Zeigler said. “Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”
Zeigler then went on to compare Moore’s alleged acts of molestation to both Old and New Testament Biblical figures. “Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance,” he said. “Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”
“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Zeigler maintained. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”
Now conservative radio host and Fox News commentator Sandy Rios has compared Moore to Jesus Christ.
Following the news that a fifth woman now claims to have been sexually assaulted by Moore when she was 16-years old, Rios told her audience that any attempts to coerce the candidate to step away from the campaign were in fact attacks on Christians.
In audio supplied by Right Wing Watch, Rios said that Washington is repulsed by Moore’s opinions on marriage, the rule of law, and the Ten Commandments.
But Rios sees an even larger issue at stake.
The focus is on Justice Moore, but really he is a proxy for all of us that are believers in Jesus. Now I’m saying in terms of the hatred and vitriol coming his way and the delight, really, in destroying him if they can. It’s what the darkness always does to the light.
“Remember that Jesus himself was accused, but he was completely innocent,” added Rios. “Remember that they paid guards to come and lie about whether the stone was rolled away and the body was not there. This is not new.”