- Most Americans Put Blame On Republicans And Trump If Government Shuts Down
- Trump Lawyer Used Fake Company, Names to Pay Stormy Daniels
- Graham: ‘I Know What Was Said’
- Celebrities Blame Trump For Hawaii Missile Scare
- Trump’s First Year As President Resulted In Less Jobs Created Than Obama’s Last Year
- Trump Campaign Aide Spoke Of Possible Russia Collusion During Drunken Conversation
- Trump Lawyers Will Cast Flynn as a Liar
- Sanders: Republicans Should Be Worried About 2018
- Mueller Expanding Probe to RNC
- Obama, Clinton Top List As Most Admired Man, Woman
Fox News Host Says Mueller Should be ‘Handcuffed’
In a segment on her Saturday evening show, Fox News’s Jeanine Pirro said that the FBI and Department of Justice should be put through a “cleansing” and special counsel Robert Mueller and his team should be “locked up” for daring to investigate the President.
Pirro said Mueller and former FBI Director James Comey were to blame for “the stench coming out of the Justice Department and the FBI” and accused the agencies of being biased against Trump while letting Hillary Clinton off the hook.
“There is a cleansing needed in our FBI and our Department of Justice,” she said on her show. “It needs to be cleansed of individuals who should not just be fired but who need to be taken out in handcuffs.”
— Fox News (@FoxNews) December 10, 2017
It is segments such as these that reveal Fox News to be little more than state-sponsored media under the Trump administration. There’s little in the way of actual evidence to suggest that Mueller is leading a political witch hunt. In fact, he has gone out of his way to get rid of elements within his team that could be seen as biased against the president. There’s also this tweet from Newt Gingrich about Mueller’s credibility.
Robert Mueller is superb choice to be special counsel. His reputation is impeccable for honesty and integrity. Media should now calm down
— Newt Gingrich (@newtgingrich) May 18, 2017
And let’s not forget this Fox News graphic:
It seems that the network can’t seem to decide what it thinks of the special counsel, especially now that it seems he’s building a pretty credible obstruction case against the president. Partisan hacks like Pirro have amped up their attacks on Mueller in recent days, which should be a pretty good indicator of how close the Trump camp believes the special counsel is getting to bringing down the hammer.
Perhaps “Judge Jeanine” should worry about the log in her own eye, though. She was recently ticketed for going 119 miles-per-hour in upstate New York. She said she “didn’t realize” how fast she was driving, which ought to be indictment enough against her critical thinking skills.