- Most Americans Put Blame On Republicans And Trump If Government Shuts Down
- Trump Lawyer Used Fake Company, Names to Pay Stormy Daniels
- Graham: ‘I Know What Was Said’
- Celebrities Blame Trump For Hawaii Missile Scare
- Trump’s First Year As President Resulted In Less Jobs Created Than Obama’s Last Year
- Trump Campaign Aide Spoke Of Possible Russia Collusion During Drunken Conversation
- Trump Lawyers Will Cast Flynn as a Liar
- Sanders: Republicans Should Be Worried About 2018
- Mueller Expanding Probe to RNC
- Obama, Clinton Top List As Most Admired Man, Woman
Sen. Dianne Feinstein Releases Fusion GPS Transcript
On Tuesday afternoon, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) released the full transcript of Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Feinstein is the ranking member on that committee and is once again proving to be a thorn in the side of Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), the committee chairman who has seemingly gone out of his way to obstruct the Russia investigation. As part of its probe, the Judiciary Committee held a closed-door session with Simpson last August about the so-called “dossier” compiled by former MI6 agent Christopher Steele, who was working for Fusion GPS at the time in its effort to collect opposition research against then candidate Donald Trump.
In a statement, Feinstein explained her rationale for releasing the transcripts without Republican consent:
“After speaking with majority and minority committee staff for 10 hours, Glenn Simpson requested the transcript of his interview be released publicly. The American people deserve the opportunity to see what he said and judge for themselves,” said Senator Feinstein. “The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of justice. The only way to set the record straight is to make the transcript public.”
Fusion GPS responded to the news with a brief statement of support for the decision to release the transcripts.
“Fusion GPS commends Sen. Feinstein for her courage,” a spokesman said Tuesday. “The transcript of Glenn Simpson’s lengthy responses to the Senate Judiciary Committee’s questioning speaks for itself.”
The transcripts reveal candid conversations from Simpson about his agency’s look at Trump’s questionable ties to Russian organized crime, potential money laundering concerns, and a bevy of other issues that Republicans no-doubt wanted to keep hidden away from public view. Sen. Feinstein, however, has taken that option away from them in a bold political move.