- Graham: ‘I Know What Was Said’
- Celebrities Blame Trump For Hawaii Missile Scare
- Trump’s First Year As President Resulted In Less Jobs Created Than Obama’s Last Year
- Trump Campaign Aide Spoke Of Possible Russia Collusion During Drunken Conversation
- Trump Lawyers Will Cast Flynn as a Liar
- Sanders: Republicans Should Be Worried About 2018
- Mueller Expanding Probe to RNC
- Obama, Clinton Top List As Most Admired Man, Woman
- Rosenstein Defends Mueller In Judiciary Testimony
- Fox News Host Says Mueller Should be ‘Handcuffed’
Right Wing Preacher Calls ‘The Shape of Water’ The End Of Civilization
Guillermo del Toro’s new film “The Shape of Water” has been praised for its surreal elegance and strange romantic qualities, but right wing radio preacher Kevin Swanson sees the film as “the end of civilization as we know it.”
The film is a dark fantasy that recalls “The Creature From the Black Lagoon” by way of the Rachel Ingall’s novel “Mrs. Caliban.” The movie, set in the cold war era, involves a mute woman falling for an amphibian humanoid.
As Right Wing Watch reports, Swanson, a staunchly anti-LGBT preacher, is not happy about the familiar monster and maiden horror film trope. Speaking on his radio program, Swanson invoked the Old Testament to point out the evil he saw in the award-winning film.
In particular, Swanson pointed out Leviticus 20:15 which reads, “if a man has sexual relations with an animal, he is to be put to death, and you must kill the animal.”
Swanson took the film as some kind of end times entertainment. “It’s hard to even describe what goes on but, of course, the death penalty crime of Leviticus 20:15 had to do with the absolute lowest, most depraved activity that humans have ever engaged in at all and it’s only the most depraved people in the world that even want to mention this stuff, let alone sit there and watch it for two and a half hours on the movie screen,” he said.
Swanson, who has in the past told his audience that natural disasters are God’s punishment for homosexuality, said, “The movie itself is completely centered around cross-species mating.”
He added, “The movie [approvingly] presents the Leviticus 20:15 sinful habit that really has only been part of the most depraved people, the most insane people that ever lived in the history of mankind.”
“This is the end of culture,” Swanson said. “This is the end of civilization as we know it.”