- Most Americans Put Blame On Republicans And Trump If Government Shuts Down
- Trump Lawyer Used Fake Company, Names to Pay Stormy Daniels
- Graham: ‘I Know What Was Said’
- Celebrities Blame Trump For Hawaii Missile Scare
- Trump’s First Year As President Resulted In Less Jobs Created Than Obama’s Last Year
- Trump Campaign Aide Spoke Of Possible Russia Collusion During Drunken Conversation
- Trump Lawyers Will Cast Flynn as a Liar
- Sanders: Republicans Should Be Worried About 2018
- Mueller Expanding Probe to RNC
- Obama, Clinton Top List As Most Admired Man, Woman
Breitbart News Suspects Affirmative Action Thrives In The Theater Arts
The folks at Breitbart seem to be engaging in a bit of theater criticism these days.
As Media Matters reports, Thursday’s edition of Breitbart News Daily had host Alex Marlow questioning the motives behind the casting of a classic American play. “Last time I was in New York, I saw a production of The Glass Menagerie on Broadway by Tennessee Williams, and one of the main characters is a disabled girl, and it was played by a disabled person who was unbelievable in the role,” said Marlow.
“And now I am doing this revisionist history where I’m thinking, was this an affirmative action hire? Was this someone who was given the job for simply being disabled?” Marlow added. “Why do I want to think that about this wonderful actress who did this wonderful portrayal?
Breitbart Editor-at-large John Nolte chimed in to share his concerns that black actors being nominated for this year’s Academy Awards might be getting special treatment. “Yeah, that’s another thing, and this is another thing with the Oscars so woke,” said Nolte. “You know, the next year, all of a sudden all these black people are getting awards and I am not saying that that’s not overdue, but in the back of your mind you think to yourself, well, is someone just trying to compensate?”
“Is someone just trying to avoid criticism?” Nolte wondered. “And that completely takes away from the success of these actors. And that’s a terrible thing. Affirmative Action is a terrible, terrible thing, what it does and the way it makes you look at people.”
Frances Martel, Breitbart’s National Security Editor, said that as a person of color she did not want to believe that she got any special attention because of her race. “I’ve had the thought sometimes of like did they hire me because I am Hispanic?” she said. “You start questioning yourself.”