- National Security Advisor Slams Trump As An “Idiot”
- Republican Who Lost To Transgender Candidate Pens Op-Ed Full Of Lies
- Franken Accuser Tweeden: ‘I’m Not Calling For Him To Step Down’
- Elderly Alabama Natives Say Preying On Young Girls Was Common
- More Than 400 Rich People Ask Congress To Raise Their Taxes
- Woman Who Gave Trump The Finger Gets A Helping Hand
- Elizabeth Warren To Betsy DeVos: Cancel Student Debt For Defrauded Students
- Roy Moore Threatens to Sue Washington Post
- Trump Is Being ‘Manipulated’ By Putin, Former Intelligence Officials Allege
- Corker to Hold Hearing on Trump’s Nuclear Authority
All posts tagged "elections"
Democrats To FEC — Ensure Online Ads Disclose Who Paid For Them
We’re all familiar with campaign ads on our televisions and over the radio disclosing who pays for them. “I’m (insert name here), and I approve this message,” is a phrase we’ve all heard. But what about for...
- Posted November 14, 2017
One Year Out From Election Win, ‘Trumpism’ Plants The Seeds For Authoritarianism
Since we’re one year out from Donald Trump’s surprise election victory, it’s prudent to assess his presidency and in what direction it’s likely to go in. These periodic assessments (there will likely be more of them at...
- Posted November 10, 2017
Dems Should Celebrate Tuesday’s Wins, Then Get Back To Work
The electoral wins from Tuesday night give Democrats many reasons to celebrate. In Virginia, where many statewide offices were contested, nearly 20 seats flipped from the Republican Party’s hands to Democrats. That shift is remarkable, and includes...
- Posted November 8, 2017
Election Results From Tuesday Include Huge Wins For Transgender Rights
Tuesday’s big election wins for Democrats should be read with a certain grain of salt. While historic, and possibly a bellwether for future campaigns within President Donald Trump’s short tenure so far, groundwork will still be key...
- Posted November 8, 2017
Yes, Virginia: The President Is Lying To You
As Virginians head to the polls today to elect a new governor, President Donald Trump tweeted out his support for far-right conservative Republican Ed Gillespie this morning, using the only method he seems to know works: fear....
- Posted November 7, 2017
Senate Candidate Roy Moore Fails to Disclose $150,000 in Ethics Filings
According to the Daily Beast, polarizing anti-LGBT Alabama Republican Senate nominee Roy Moore failed to disclose up to $150,000 in paperwork he filed with the Senate Ethics Committee. In disclosure forms he filed in June with the...
- Posted September 29, 2017
Paper Ballots Are Becoming Popular Again (For Obvious Reasons)
In a time when technological advances are being celebrated on a regular basis (and in the same week that the new iPhone was revealed by Apple), one form of technology is taking a significant step backwards: ballot...
- Posted September 21, 2017